Education Session | Cannabis 101
This program is offered virtually through the webinar format. This program is open to any interested individual, Gilda’s Toronto membership is not required to join.https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zk8tLLtqScyjuhepvoiLXA
We will discuss:
- The endocannabinoid system in our bodies
- Therapeutic uses & symptom relief (Pain, sleep, anxiety, etc.)
- Research on medical cannabis for unwanted cancer and chemotherapy side-effect relief
- Types of cannabis and their benefits (Sativa Vs Indica, CBD vs THC)
- Dosing methods (Oils & capsules vs inhalation) + importance of working with a healthcare team for proper dosing
- Potential side effects
- Benefits of medical cannabis over recreational
- About Apollo
- What we see in the clinic with our existing patients
- What a licensed producer (LP) is
The medical cannabis process in Canada
Arash Taghvai is Apollo’s Director of Clinical Affairs and an International Medical Graduate.
He grew up in Calgary, Alberta, and completed his clinical rotations in Atlanta GA & Chicago IL hospitals. His understanding of medical cannabis and the endocannabinoid system allows him to delineate and explain the pathophysiology of many conditions and how cannabis can potentially help these conditions.
Along with being passionate about medical cannabis, Arash enjoys discussing many other factions of medicine including orthopedics, medical oncology, and rheumatology.
- Computer, phone or tablet
- Internet connection