Register for the Scotiabank Virtual Run
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS AS IT WILL TIME OUT.
PART 1: VIRTUAL RUN/WALK REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Go to: https://raceroster.com/48139?aff=W9TDZ (YOU MUST USE THIS REFERRAL LINK so that Gilda’s Club gets a donation back from Scotiabank for each registrant).
2. Select your distance and follow the prompts to register – you’ll need your email address. You will then be asked if you have a Race Roster password (if you participated last year) or you can create a password.
3. One again, Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto will cover your registration fee if you commit to raise a minimum of $500 and if you register by September 21, 2021. A unique code will be provided by Elana at 416-214-9898 ext. 205 firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Fill out the required fields.
5. We suggest you don’t fill the form out for someone else – just fill it out for yourself.
6. Select the app you will use to record your run time, ie your virtual run platform. Your choices are: Map My Run, Strava, Nike Run, Run Keeper, or Wearable GPS device. Or select NONE to add your time manually on the Race Roster website once you have completed your run walk anytime in the month of October:
7. It will ask how you heard about the run: Select AFFILIATED CHARITY from the dropdown menu and specify Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto
8. Select the category from the dropdown menu that best describes the industry you work in (this is a mandatory field this year).
9. If you have a Cineplex SCENE card, enter the number where it’s requested. If so, you will be given 500 Scene points for every $500 raised up to 10,000 Scene points.
10. Are you participating as part of the Scotiabank Charity Challenge or on a Relay Team? You are participating as part of the Scotiabank Charity Challenge. Please select the 3rd and final option – YES, I’d like to join an existing fundraising team and then select Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto from the dropdown list of charities. IF you want to create a team within Gilda’s Club’s overall team – name it Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto – (your team name) or just join the Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto team and we can create the team for you at a later date.
11. If you don’t want to pay a shipping fee for your kit, then select one of the Running Room locations or the CRS warehouse to pick it up between Sept 30th – Oct 3rd, 2021. You do have the option of having your run kit mailed to you but there will be a $10 charge.
12. Select your complimentary souvenir t-shirt and size.
13. Enter the FREE Promo Code (provided by Elana at Gilda’s Club) where indicated – To get this free registration code, you must commit to raising a minimum of $500 or make a donation yourself for the difference, AND you must register no later than September 21, 2021
14. Sign the waivers
15. They will ask if you want to make a donation to your team – no need to do that at this time – you can do that at a later date when your fundraising page is all set up.
HOW TO MODIFY AND SEND OUT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE:
1) Go to https://raceroster.com/ and login with your username and password you used to register for the run. (Same Username and password you used to register for this virtual run/walk).
2) Go to your Participant Dashboard.
3) In the bottom right there is a box called FUNDRAISING. Click the button called EDIT PAGE. This is where you would add your own personal story — scroll down and Save Changes (if you leave this blank, our default message about Gilda’s Club will still populate).
4) Go back to the FUNDRAISING box and send your page out to your contacts 1 of 3 ways: you’ll see icons for Facebook, Twitter, or eMail. If you are doing it by email, click on the envelope and it will provide you with the link to your personal fundraising page. From there you have 2 choices: A) You can cut and paste the link in an email to your contacts. B) You can input your contacts manually into the name and email fields and it will send your message and page out to all those you input there. In the box that says:
Enter message (optional), this acts as your cover email. Feel free to cut and paste the following copy in there:
I am participating this year’s Virtual Scotiabank Run and Charity Challenge for Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto, a cancer support organization. Since the onset of COVID-19 they have done a great job transitioning their cancer support groups and programs to virtual formats and by supporting me in this event, you are helping Gilda’s Club continue to provide these groups and programs free of charge to those impacted by cancer and those bereaved from the loss of a loved one to cancer. These supportive programs are crucial to individuals and families who are coping with the anxiety and fear brought on by COVID-19 and the added challenge of cancer in their lives. Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto continues to provide online support groups, exercise classes, nutrition showcases and other programs that are essential for their wellbeing. Their team of mental health professionals also continue to connect with the children, teens and adults providing much needed support to relieve stress, reduce isolation and provide resources to navigate today’s ever changing healthcare landscape. Please consider supporting me in this event. Thank you.
Thanks so much and remember we are here for you for any questions or support you may need to register.
Manager, Development & Stewardship
Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto
416-214-9898 ext. 205